An introduction to cardiomyopathy
Watch our new video, 'An introduction to cardiomyopathy'
- Cardiomyopathy is a disease of the heart muscle that affects around 160,000 people in the UK.
- Cardiomyopathy is often genetic (runs in families) and symptoms include tiredness, breathlessness and palpitations.
- Although a diagnosis of cardiomyopathy can be life-changing, with the right treatment and support most people can live full and active lives.
Read or download our simple introduction to cardiomyopathy - 'what is cardiomyopathy?'
A basic introduction to the heart and circulatory system
Find out more about the different types of cardiomyopathy:
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Left ventricular noncompaction
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy
- Peripartum cardiomyopathy