Life insurance

Life insurance pays out a sum of money to provide for your loved ones if you die. Not everyone needs life insurance, but it can be helpful if you have dependants.

Having cardiomyopathy can affect your ability to get life insurance, but knowing how to apply can help you to find out whether life insurance is suitable for you.

Read our detailed guide on getting life insurance with cardiomyopathy or download our life insurance factsheet (PDF).

Travel insurance

Travel insurance is important for anyone travelling away from home or abroad. Insurance companies may charge more for travel insurance if you have cardiomyopathy. Our supporters have, over the years, given us details of insurance companies that have offered them travel insurance.

See our info on travel insurance for those with cardiomyopathy (PDF)

If you are travelling within the EEA (countries in the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) or Switzerland, it is important to have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and keep it with you while travelling. This card allows you to access free or reduced cost healthcare. Find out more about the EHIC card and apply on line through the GOV.UK website.