General health

If you have cardiomyopathy your GP should be involved with your general everyday care.

He or she can discuss your condition with your cardiologist and make any changes to your treatment. You will probably have regular appointments with your cardiologist, depending on your overall condition and your symptoms or whether you are attending for screening only.

You probably have all sorts of questions about cardiomyopathy and your general health. We have compiled a list (below) of those that are asked most frequently. Many of the answers have been provided by Prof Perry Elliott, consultant cardiologist at the Heart Hospital in London: