The rigorous James Lind Alliance Priority Setting Partnership methodology is used to define the Top 10 research questions for a particular condition, in our case cardiomyopathy. All Priority Setting Partnerships follow the same method, set by the James Lind Alliance. Key steps include:
• Establish an expert group to guide the project, decide what is in scope
• Consult the community via a survey on what they think researchers should study (long list)
• Reduce the research questions, grouping those on similar topics (short list)
• Hold a priority setting workshop – with representatives from across the cardiomyopathy community – to produce the final top 10
• Communicate the top 10 to researchers and funders
Find out more on the James Lind Alliance website.
We are expecting the cardiomyopathy priority setting process to take just over a year, from spring 2023 to winter 2023/24.