Thames Path Challenge
Take on the Thames Path Challenge following England's greatest river. Most will walk, many will jog, some will run, and all have special reasons to push themselves.
Our full Thames Path Challenge 100km route heads from Putney Bridge past Hampton Court to Runnymede of Magna Carta fame at 50km, then on past wonderful historic scenery all the way to Henley. With half & quarter distance options - there's a challenge for everyone.
There's also the 'Thames Bridges Trek' - a 25km walk through the heart of London, zig-zagging over 16 famous bridges with the best views of the Capital's landmarks.
Your challenge will be a test of spirit and determination. You'll be supported all the way by our team, and rewarded with an amazing sense of achievement.
How we'll support you:
- Fundraising support from the Cardiomyopathy UK fundraising team
- Free food and drink at rest stops
- Optional training walks
- A challenge mobile app
- Free Cardiomyopathy UK t-shirt and fundraising materials
- Shuttle busses and transfers available
- Free massage and medical support at rest stops
- Finisher's medal, t-shirt and glass of fizz
Sign up and fundraising options:
1. Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
2. Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
3. Self Fund – you pay the full cost of the event place - fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
Statement of fitness
We are very grateful to all of our fundraisers, many of whom are personally affected by cardiomyopathy. The charity has a duty of care for the health and welfare of all of our fundraisers. In this respect, when anyone is diagnosed with a serious health condition such as cardiomyopathy or myocarditis, or an immediate family member has cardiomyopathy and wishes to undertake a challenge event, we kindly ask that they provide a written statement of fitness from their cardiologist, dated within one year.
Please speak to us about providing a statement of fitness before paying a deposit or registration fee.