Cotswold Way Challenge
The magical Cotswold Way provides a stunning setting for a testing challenge - with some fantastic views en route and tough hills in between! It’s a Saturday morning start from historic Cirencester, as 2000 adventurers set out on 100km looped route of footpaths & trails – most walking but many jogging and running.
Whether you're a keen walker and new to endurance events, or a seasoned hiker up for a new adventure - with half and quarter distance options also - there's a Challenge here for everyone. You'll get full support & hospitality all the way to your finish line - where an amazing sense of achievement & celebration awaits.
How we'll support you:
- Fundraising support from the Cardiomyopathy UK fundraising team
- Free food and drink at rest stops
- Optional training walks
- A challenge mobile app
- Free Cardiomyopathy UK t-shirt and fundraising materials
- Shuttle busses and transfers available
- Free massage and medical support at rest stops
- Finisher's medal, t-shirt and glass of fizz
Sign up and fundraising options:
1. Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
2. Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
3. Self Fund – you pay the full cost of the event place - fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
Statement of fitness
We are very grateful to all of our fundraisers, many of whom are personally affected by cardiomyopathy. The charity has a duty of care for the health and welfare of all of our fundraisers. In this respect, when anyone is diagnosed with a serious health condition such as cardiomyopathy or myocarditis, or an immediate family member has cardiomyopathy and wishes to undertake a challenge event, we kindly ask that they provide a written statement of fitness from their cardiologist, dated within one year.
Please speak to us about providing a statement of fitness before paying a deposit or registration fee.